Abarth 124 rally wins the Targa Florio Rally and the Rally Islas Canarias

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Abarth 124 rally wins the Targa Florio Rally and the Rally Islas Canarias

• Young driver Cristopher Lucchesi (ITA) scored his third win in the Italian R-GT Championship in Targa Florio In Italy.
      • Spanish driver Alberto Monarri was first in the R-GT category in the Rally Islas Canarias in Spain.
      • Excellent fifth place in the overall ranking for Florin Tincescu (ROM) in Transylvania Rally which is a round of the Romanian Championship.
      • Two more wins for German driver Lirim Zendeli in Hockenheim in the ADAC F4 Championship powered by Abarth.

It was another exciting weekend for the Abarth 124 rally Selenia International Challenge. Scoring two new wins in the important rallies held last weekend in Italy and Spain, the Abarth 124 rally is proving itself once again at the car to beat in the R-GT category.
      The famous Targa Florio, the third event of the Italian Championship, took place in Italy. Cristopher Lucchesi, in team with Marco Pollicino (ITA), won the R-GT category at the wheel of his Bernini Rally team Abarth 124 rally. It was the third win in three races for the young Italian. The race was a hard one and the variable weather was a challenge for even the most expert drivers. "It was my first Targa Florio and I can confirm say that it was as tough as it is famed to be", said Lucchesi after crossing the finish line. "I was very happy with the behaviour of my 124 rally. I used the controls on the steering wheel to adjust traction delivery and engine power quickly and continuously making the car perfect for my driving style and extremely efficient in the extremely variable conditions".
      Category win for SMC Junior Motorsport Spanish team mates Alberto Monarri and Rodrigo Sanjuán in the Rally Islas Canarias, which is famously one of the toughest challenges of the Spanish Tarmac Rally Championship. After winning in Sierra Morena, Monarri scored again in the R-GT category and has the Rally Villa De Adeje next weekend in Tenerife in his sights. "We showed to be competitive also on a race as long and tough as this", Monarri declared after the race. "We dominated the GT category without problems and the future of the championship appears very promising".
      Florin Tincescu (ROM) and Alina Pop (ROM) came fifth in the overall ranking of the Romanian Championship with their Bernini Rally team Abarth 124 rally scoring a result of outstanding absolute level in the Transylvania Rally. Tincescu missed the success in the R-GT category by a hair's breadth but was still very satisfied at the end of the race. "The duel with my fellow countryman Alexandru Pitigoi in the R-GT category propelled us both up in the overall ranking. My fifth spot speaks volumes. I am extremely pleased with the car that in such a competitive championship has proven to be one to beat. We are looking forward to the next event for a new challenge".
      In the ADAC F4 Championship powered by Abarth on the Hockenheim racing track, German driver Lirim Zendeli consolidated his scoreboard leadership winning two of the three races. The third one went to Austrian driver Mick Wishofer. The next appointment with the Tatuus one-seaters propelled by Abarth T-Jet engines will be on May 19 and 20 on the Lausitzring circuit in Germany.
      Turin, 8 May 2018
      Pessimisten stehen im Regen, Optimisten duschen unter den Wolken.

Mein Auto: 500X OFF ROAD 1.6 E-torQ, Panda Lounge 1,2 8V