The Abarth 124 rally scores one win the FIA R-GT World Cup and wins races in two national championships

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• The Abarth 124 rally scores one win the FIA R-GT World Cup and wins races in two national championships

• The Abarth 124 rally dominates the R_GT Cup with Astier (FRA) in the Rallye du Valais, a World Championship race.
      • This win brings the Milano Racing Team's French driver his fourth success in four championship races.
      • The Abarth roadster also wins the R-GT category in Spain in the Rally Cantabria Santander with Monarri (SPA) and in Germany in the Stadte Rally with Belgian Caprasse at the wheel.

In its second season of competition, the Abarth 124 rally is consolidating its unbeatable position in the GT category: the French pair Raphael Astier and Frédéric Vauclaire from the Milano Racing Team sealed their victory in the FIA R-GT Cup, already an arithmetical certainty since the previous race, with another win in the last race in the championship, the Rallye du Valais, held in Switzerland, also achieving an excellent ninth place overall and victory amongst the 2WD drive cars. This wins brings the French pair's victory total to four, out of four races valid for the FIA R-GT World Cup.
      The French crew ran a perfect race. Setting off in the lead right from the initial special stage, they kept up an excellent pace all the way to the finish. Another Abarth 124 rally, in the colours of the Swiss Zeughaus Garage team, finished in third place in the GT category with Beat and Janine Wyssen.
      Raphaël Astier: "After the baking heat of the Rally di Roma Capitale and the violent thunderstorms of the Barum event, I was delighted to encounter excellent weather conditions on the wonderful special stages in the Swiss Alps. The Abarth 124 rally was very effective, and since I was no longer under pressure to collect points to win the title, I was able to have fun and I was also very fast; I was completely happy with the race result both in the R-GT category and overall."
      The Abarth 124 rally provided further proof of its competitiveness in Spain, in the Rally Cantabria-Santander, in which the Spanish drivers of the SMC Junior Motorsport Team, Alberto Monarri and Rodrigo Sanjuán, won the R-GT category and finished in 10th place overall, a result which reinforced their dominance of the 2-Wheel Drive rankings in the Spanish Tarmac Rally Championship with two races left to the end of the season.
      Alberto Monarri: "It was important for us to collect points for the 2-Wheel Drive championship, our target for this season, and the car once again proved to be competitive and extremely reliable."
      The Abarth 124 rally's third success in the R-GT category was recorded in Germany, in the Rally Stadte, by the Belgian pair Jean Luc Caprasse and Marc Prignon, following on from their victory in the Lower Saxony Rally in the same championship.
      Turin, 22 October 2018
      Pessimisten stehen im Regen, Optimisten duschen unter den Wolken.

Mein Auto: 500X OFF ROAD 1.6 E-torQ, Panda Lounge 1,2 8V